Re: [SOGo] sharing rigths on calendar

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] sharing rigths on calendar
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 09:24:38 +0100

Hello Tanstaafl

Am 2014-01-23 20:28, schrieb Tanstaafl:
> On 2014-01-23 12:47 PM, Ben
> < >
> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe I'm missing something, but why not have two calendars? John Doe
>> has his 'own' calendar and then a second one that his assistant
>> schedules. His assistant has full access to that calendar, but only read
>> access to his other calender. John Doe has SOGo/T-bird whatever look at
>> both calenders to see when he is free, etc, but events he creates in his
>> 'own' calendar cannot be modified by his assistant, but the assistant
>> has full control over the second calendar.
>
> It would work of course (but, how would I 'tell Thunderbird to check
> both calendars for free/busy times?),

Thunderbird does not have to know this.
Instead SOGo knows, as it will be asked by every client (web interface
or CalDAV).
So you only have to set the calendars properties in SOGo (= set "include
in free-busy", or not) for John Doe.

> but it is much more complicated
> than simply adding a new feature to SOGo that adds an 'owner' attribute
> to calendar items, and provides the ability to allow event/item *owners*
> to fully control their own items/events, but not others.

It is easier for you, but not the developer :-)

BTW:
'owner' is already set in each event.
But it is only used to distiguish invitations from your own events.
So you can edit your own, but not invitations.

Gruppe Informationsdienste
Rechenzentrum Universität Konstanz