Re: [SOGo] Active Sync Support

  • From: Ludovic Marcotte < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Active Sync Support
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 08:20:28 -0500

On 2014-01-25 7:59 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
First - wouldn't Z-Push be a way to do away with the Openchange+Samba requirement for the older versions of Outlook?
No, that's not related at all. Z-Push is an EAS implementation, just like what we're doing.

Second - your ActiveSync support only works with Outlook 2013.
Just like all other other AS servers. Prior versions of Outlook do NOT have AS support - they support the Exchange protocol or the Outlook Anywhere one (Exchange protocol over HTTP).
Last - I seem to recall somewhere that there will be a cost for ActiveSync support in SOGo, because you will have to pay MS?
I've already explained that in details, search the archives.

--
Ludovic Marcotte

:: +1.514.755.3630 :: http://inverse.ca
Inverse inc. :: Leaders behind SOGo (http://sogo.nu) and PacketFence