Re: [SOGo] SOGo / IE7

  • From: Sven Schwedas < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] SOGo / IE7
  • Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 11:12:44 +0100

On 2014-02-05 11:05, Christian Mack wrote:
> Hello Ludovic
>
> Am 2014-02-05 01:04, schrieb Ludovic Marcotte:
>>
>> As some of you might have experienced since v2.1, IE7 is no longer well
>> supported. This is due to the fact that we keep up-to-date with CKEditor
>> (the HTML editor being used in SOGo) to benefit from new features but
>> more importantly, bug fixes.
>>
>> CKEditor 4.1.3 was the last release to support Internet Explorer 7.
>>
>> That being said, other parts of SOGo work well with IE7 - even sending
>> mails in plain text. It's just the HTML editor that is broken.
>>
>> What you guys prefer - blocking IE7 from logging in (and suggesting an
>> upgrade to IE8+) or you guys dealing with user complaints that the HTML
>> editor doesn't work?
>>

> Blocking only because HTML emails don't work is a little bit too much.
> Could you add a warning on or after login with the hint to upgrade?
> For us that would be sufficient.

And maybe automatically disable HTML compositing for those clients, so
they can still compose in plain text without changing their settings
(which I assume to not be an obvious step for users – at for some of ours).

> Kind regards,
> Christian Mack

Sven Schwedas
Systemadministrator
TAO Beratungs- und Management GmbH | Lendplatz 45 | A - 8020 Graz
Mail/XMPP:

http://software.tao.at