Re: [SOGo] encoding / strange characters in the "to" field

  • From: Martin Rabl < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] encoding / strange characters in the "to" field
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 17:54:30 +0100

Hi,

there are some bug entries at the SOGo tracker:

http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=1340 (resolved)
and
http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=1964

Greetings,
Martin

Am 19.02.2014 16:43, schrieb Szládovics Péter:
Dne st 19. února 2014 mourik jan heupink napsal(a):
Hi,

We're seeing the following in a mail sent between two local
receipents:

to: =?utf-8?q?AZOM,_Th=C3=A9op?= <correct_address@our.domain>
Already reported as bug 2120 and 2267

http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=2120
http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=2267

I've checked it, and it's true.
When the email "from" or "to" field contains the "," character, the
part of the name need to be quoted:

e.g.
Doe, John
< >
-> "Doe, John"
< >

This because the "," character is the separator for multiple addresses.

e.g.
To: "Doe, John"
< >,
"Doe, Jane"
< >

So, if the SOGo doesn't handle this situation perfectly, then is buggy.

The thunderbird sends the emails (comma in sender's name) perfectly,
and SOGo displays it as well.
I don't have user with comma in it's name, so cannot test the reverse
situation, but I think the SOGo webmail makes the mistake.

--
Greetings,

Martin Rabl