[SOGo] Combination of proxy authentication and password authentication

  • From: Pavel Cahyna < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Combination of proxy authentication and password authentication
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:44:08 +0100

Hello,

I tried proxy authentication with SOGo but I encountered a problem. When
I set SOGoTrustProxyAuthentication = YES, I can not login anymore
without Apache performing the authentication. The login page is
displayed, but when I enter my username and password, a message in red
appears, saying: "An unhandled error occurred."

I would like SOGo to trust the proxy authentication performed by Apache,
but when Apache does not perform it, fall back to its own default
authentication. This is because I want Apache to perform proxy
authentication only for certain paths, like this:

<Location /SOGo/dav>
AuthType Kerberos
Require valid-user

The reason for this is that I can not use Kerberos authentication for
the whole SOGo, because then SOGo can not login to IMAP
(bug #1200, http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=1200 ) but I want to
turn it on at least for the DAV paths. Otherwise Thunderbird asks for
passwords for the calendars every time it starts, which is annoying.

Would this be possible?

Best regards, Pavel

  • [SOGo] Combination of proxy authentication and password authentication, Pavel Cahyna, 02/24/2014