Re: [SOGo] Zero Effort Groupware

  • From: Marc Cyr < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Zero Effort Groupware
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 17:42:21 -0500

Ez Brett!

I find it's easier to setup your own virtual machine from scratch than tying to modify the demo ZEG appliance to suit it to your own needs.

Keep in mind that you don't have SSL, no SMTP auth setup, no virus/spam filtering with the demo appliance.

The login and password for the ZEG prebuilt virtual appliance is on the official download webpage.. let me google that for you :P

Do a login with user sogo password sogo.

Then sudo your way up and passwd root.

Here's some links for you:

(This is copy-paste of what Pablo previously mentioned on this mailing list:

My preference is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Long Term Support) for production servers. In any event, you have several choices re: installation (in no particular order):RE: Limitations of the VirtualBox ZEG appliance:
  • No SSL (like you mentioned);
  • No SMTP-AUTH;
  • No spam/virus filtering.
-Pablo

I think the ZEG demo appliance is based on Ubuntu server? Nothing is preventing you to switch from DHCP to static ip using /etc/network/interfaces

Good luck!

Marc