[SOGo] Can't Login after Install/Configuration of New Instance

  • From: Ron Scott-Adams < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Can't Login after Install/Configuration of New Instance
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 21:53:26 -0500

I'm building a new SOGo install very similar to a current, working one. I'm experiencing an issue with logging in. There is a single auth source (ldap). The error is: "SOGoRootPage Login for user 'username' might not have worked - password policy: 65535  grace: -1  expire: -1  bound: 0" What can I do to elicit more information?

The configuration is not different between the two servers that I can tell, except those parts necessary due to the server being different. I have ensured the necessary entries exist in LDAP, and everything else seems correct. ldapwhoami authenticates the user fine.

My sogo.conf follows. If I can provide anything else, please let me know.

{
SOGoProfileURL = "postgresql://sogo:sogo@localhost:5432/sogo/sogo_user_profile";
OCSFolderInfoURL = "postgresql://sogo:sogo@localhost:5432/sogo/sogo_folder_info";
OCSSessionsFolderURL = "postgresql://sogo:sogo@localhost:5432/sogo/sogo_sessions_folder";
OCSEMailAlarmsFolderURL = "postgresql://sogo:sogo@localhost:5432/sogo/sogo_alarms_folder";

SOGoSMTPServer = 127.0.0.1;
SOGoMailDomain = tohuw.net;
SOGoMailingMechanism = smtp;
SOGoForceExternalLoginWithEmail = NO;
SOGoMailSpoolPath = /var/spool/sogo;

SOGoIMAPServer = localhost;
NGImap4ConnectionStringSeparator = "/";
SOGoDraftsFolderName = Drafts;
SOGoSentFolderName = Sent;
SOGoTrashFolderName = Trash;

SOGoIMAPAclConformsToIMAPExt = YES;
SOGoMailAuxiliaryUserAccountsEnabled = YES;
SOGoDefaultCalendar = "personal";

SOGoHideSystemEmail = YES;

SOGoSieveServer = sieve://127.0.0.1:4190;
SOGoSieveScriptsEnabled = YES;
SOGoVacationEnabled = YES;
SOGoForwardEnabled = YES;
SOGoSieveServer = sieve://127.0.0.1:4190;

SOGoAppointmentSendEMailNotifications = YES;
SOGoACLsSendEMailNotifications = YES;
SOGoEnableEmailAlarms = YES;

SOGoUserSources = (
   {
       type = ldap;
       CNFieldName = cn;
       IDFieldName = uid;
       UIDFieldName = uid;
       baseDN = "ou=Users,dc=tohuw,dc=net";
       bindDN = "uid=sogo,ou=Services,dc=tohuw,dc=net";
       bindPassword = [redacted];
       canAuthenticate = YES;
       displayName = "Shared Addresses";
       hostname = ldap://127.0.0.1:389;
       id = public;
       isAddressBook = YES;
   }
);

SOGoPasswordChangeEnabled = YES;

SOGoPageTitle = Webmail;
SOGoLanguage = English;
SOGoTimeZone = America/New_York;
}

Ron Scott-Adams
“We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works.” (Douglas Adams)