Re: [SOGo] Alternate mailbox

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Alternate mailbox
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:36:03 +0100

Hello Aleksey Zolotukhin

Am 2014-02-26 11:23, schrieb IBC Service Network / Zolotuhin Aleksey:

> Sorry for my english.

I've read worse english :-)

> In my organization, each employee has a second mailbox. This mailbox
> belongs to a different mail domain.
> And stated in the LDAP attribute gosaMailAlternateAddress.
> When I configure multiple domain configuration, the user is logged in,
> go to the web-interface SOGo, but do not see their alternate mailboxes.
>
> Dovecot2 used as the IMAP server. In its configuration, it is possible
> to overwrite the value obtained from LDAP.
> Because, to access his mailbox via IMAP user enters their email, along
> with the domain, and password of the user account.
>
> What settings can be made in SOGo, so that users can access to their
> primary mailboxes and alternate mailboxes?

You have a very special case here.
There is currently no automated way to do so.

If you specify
MailFieldNames = ( mail, gosaMailAlternateAddress );
in your SOGoUserSources, then you could use both email addresses, but
they have to end up in one mailbox.

So you only could add an "auxiliar" mailbox to each user.
In order to do so, you need to enable this with
SOGoMailAuxiliaryUserAccountsEnabled = YES;
in your sogo.conf.
Then you have to set the corresponding values for this second mailbox
for each user.
Normally this is done via webinterface under "Preferences" -->
"IMAP-Accounts".
But you could write a script for this based on sogo-tool backup and restore.

Hope this helps a bit.

Abteilung Basisdienste
KIM IT-Services
Universität Konstanz