Re: [SOGo] Alternate mailbox

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Alternate mailbox
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 14:30:43 +0100

Hello Aleksey Zolotukhin

Am 2014-02-28 07:57, schrieb IBC Service Network / Zolotuhin Aleksey:

> Thanks for the advice. I looked SOGoMailAuxiliaryUserAccountsEnabled
> parameter description and find that this will be enough.
> It remains to solve the problem with the creation of auxiliary mailbox
> in the user settings.
>
> Please tell me where I could see the source code for "sogo-tool backup"
> or restore?
> Although, I think that the use of "sogo-tool user-preferences" would be
> more correct for this.

I was a bit unclear here.
What I meant was, that you should configure one test account by hand.
Then backup this user with sogo-tool.
With this you can see what exactly is configured how.

Now you could create a script, which backups all users.
Modifies all backup files according to your needs.
Afterwards restore these settings for all users.
With this approach you have to make sure, that no one changes his
preferences between backup and restore.

You also could use sogo-tool user-preferences to configure the needed bits.
This has the advantage, that you can do so without the need of blocking
changes on the user preferences.

Abteilung Basisdienste
KIM IT-Services
Universität Konstanz