Re: [SOGo] GetOut - fork of the Funambol Outlook connector

  • From: Charles Marcus < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] GetOut - fork of the Funambol Outlook connector
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 06:01:15 -0400

On 3/26/2014 6:40 PM, Adam Tkáč
< >
wrote:
The GetOut currently works with SOGo & Funambol v10 server but in future I plan to add support for CalDav and CardDav protocols to avoid Funambol server at all and sync Outlook directly with SOGo (note that I wasn't able to find any open source CalDav/CardDav connector for Outlook). I hope this project can help to build truly open source groupware without need of proprietary 3rd party modules.

I'm really sorry if this advertisement is inappropriate for this ML.

I for one appreciate it and your efforts, but have some questions...

1. If you are successful getting full Cal/CardDAV support working, these will/should work perfectly with older Outlook versions (2010 at least, and maybe even 2007 or even 2003)?

2. Will Task syncing be supported?

3. What will be the license?

4. What are these 'Outlook Redemption libraries' - which are non-free, commercially licensed - that are required for installation, why are they needed, and will they always be needed?

Thanks again, and please do post updates on your progress occasionally.

Or, maybe more appropriate, open a bug/enhancement, and post updates there, so users can subscribe to it to monitor the progress?

Thanks again,

Charles