Re: [SOGo] GetOut - fork of the Funambol Outlook connector

  • From: Tanstaafl < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] GetOut - fork of the Funambol Outlook connector
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 08:05:21 -0400

On 3/28/2014 7:13 AM, Martin Simovic
< >
wrote:
Still don’t get it. My understanding is:
- Openchange and Outlook Anywhere setup should be used for Outlook 2010
- SOGo built-in ActiveSync for Outlook 2013
- SOGo built-in ActiveSync for Android and iOS devices
- IMAP/CalDav/CardDav for Thunderbird and alike clients

Am I missing something? Why use Funambol or GetOut? Is there a reason to
get some +funccionality or is that just an alternative to the above?

My understanding (could be wrong) is GetOut would obviate the need for both Funambol AND Openchange for Outlook <2013...

Openchange is a huge layer of complexity that is not needed if you don't need to run a full Samba DC...