Re: [SOGo] New Samba4/OpenChange/Sogo tutorial

  • From: Steve Ankeny < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] New Samba4/OpenChange/Sogo tutorial
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 14:44:32 -0400

quick note . . .

I used "samba-tool domain provision --use-rfc2307 --interactive"

It completed successfully but still gave the "acl_xattr" VFS error.  However, it did not give the "clearTextPassword" error.  The most encouraging message was the following . . .

Adding DNS accounts
Creating CN=MicrosoftDNS,CN=System,DC=domain,DC=com
The zone reload and thaw was successful.
See /var/lib/samba/private/named.conf for an example configuration include file for BIND
and /var/lib/samba/private/named.txt for further documentation required for secure DNS updates
Setting up sam.ldb rootDSE marking as synchronized
Fixing provision GUIDs
A Kerberos configuration suitable for Samba 4 has been generated at /var/lib/samba/private/krb5.conf
Setting up fake yp server settings
Once the above files are installed, your Samba4 server will be ready to use

When I saw "CN=MicrosoftDNS," I knew I had succeeded!

I used BIND9_FLATFILE and altered "/etc/bind/name.conf" as suggested, and when I tested it, my Windows 2008 Server R2 found the domain.  Now to add user and machine accounts.

Thanks, Oliver for your detailed tutorial.  I'll work through the rest to see if I've missed anything.