Re: [SOGo] New Samba4/OpenChange/Sogo tutorial

  • From: Olivier Bitsch < >
  • To: users < >
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] New Samba4/OpenChange/Sogo tutorial
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 10:52:27 +0200

Hi Steve,

Yes we suggest to use iGestis to have a single point of user creation and management. It's not user friendly for everybody to use command lines or Microsoft tools to create users, especially in small company.

Olivier.

From what I'm reading, Samba4 cannot link to an OpenLDAP directory server.

I started with a ZEG several years ago and have upgraded judiciously
since.  It uses OpenLDAP, Cyrus, etc. with SOGo, and now that I've
installed Samba4 (Inverse), I need to create user accounts.

What is the suggested migration from OpenLDAP to Samba4 AD?

I'm interested in being able to authenticate and change passwords at one
point in the network.  Right now, I have 2008 R2 accounts, LDAP/SOGo
accounts, Linux accounts and soon Samba4 accounts.

Is this why you suggest using iGestis?  (for account administration)

--

https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists