Re: [SOGo] new to SOGo, have slowish webmail interface, need help...

  • From: Martin Simovic < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] new to SOGo, have slowish webmail interface, need help...
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 13:16:42 +0200

Hi

On 28 May 2014, at 11:32, marco ardito < > wrote:

...I struggled to figure out, remember from where i copy/pasted that config, without success. but I am quite sure it was an example somewhere.
anyway, atm I barely understand configs for everything in sogo & backends (ldap connection was easier, as I aready used it a few times, elsewhere)

now that I see it, and seeing web references, it seems that "driver = passed" was a "driver = passwd" with a typo?
I didn't noticed that yet, since it was all "working", except the lag, so I tried to understand what was affecting the ui performance.

yes driver=passed is my typo (autocorrector) I meant driver=passwd like you have in your config file.

You should not use configuration file options that you don’t understand. Precisely userdb and passdb can have several backends configured and listing redundant ones might lead to degraded performance whilst everything looks working fine except that.

Namely, I don’t think you really use passdb pam or userdb passwd. These lookups leading to nonexistent configuration will fail silently but slow down your system considerably.

Regards
Martin.