Re: [SOGo] Can someone explain "Delegation" feature?

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Can someone explain "Delegation" feature?
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 14:05:05 +0200

Hello Djordjije Crni

Am 2014-05-11 09:49, schrieb
:
> I don't understand how delegation works, regarding message SMTP submission
> and
> Postfix config when smtpd_sender_login_maps are defined, in order to block
> sender address spoofing with SMPT AUTH?
>
> Can someone explain, please?

Delegation only works, if you either allow authenticated users to send
emails with whatever "From:" they want to use, or if you add the
delegated email address for this user into one of the
smtpd_sender_login_maps.

You can see, who has delegated his account to somebody else by:
/usr/sbin/sogo-tool user-preferences get settings ${USER} 'Mail'

In this output you get key 'DelegatedTo' with a list of all user IDs
${USER} has delegated his email address to.

Hope this helps a bit,

Universität Konstanz
Abteilung Basisdienste
78457 Konstanz