[SOGo] Virtual host on root path

  • From: < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Virtual host on root path
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 13:30:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi!

I am configuring and learning SOGo, being very glad with it!

Now, I want to deploy it in a production server, using the url
http://sogo.mydomain.com, wishing to see the login screen when a user opens
that url, but SOGo insist on converting that url to
http://sogo.mydomain.com/SOGo. Not a big deal, but I would like to have only
the root path of that.

I tested several configurations, reading several posts and articles online, so
the guide that I actually used is
https://ideasnet.wordpress.com/2013/03/22/ides-server-how-to-set-up-an-ubuntu-12-04lts-business-box-server-edition-part-2%E2%80%B3/

I tried several combinations, including removing /SOGo paths in the virtual
host configuration, but those didn't work; in the best cases neither CSS nor
JavaScript were rendered, or they were downloaded as "application/octet-
stream" content or the backend didn't authenticate any logins, or I got 403
Access Denied responses from the web server.

So, is it possible to setup something like I want? Or that ending path of /
SOGo (and /SOGo.woa) is "hardcoded" in the inners of the SOGo backend?

Any advice or help will be welcomed!

Thanks in advance.

Note: my current working virtual host configuration for
http://sogo.mydomain.com, that actually gets converted to
http://sogo.mydomain.com/SOGo, in Apache 2.2 on Debian 7 follows:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName sogo.mydomain.com
DocumentRoot /usr/lib/GNUstep/SOGo/WebServerResources/
ServerSignature Off

Alias /SOGo.woa/WebServerResources/ /usr/lib/GNUstep/SOGo/
WebServerResources/
Alias /SOGo/WebServerResources/ /usr/lib/GNUstep/SOGo/WebServerResources/
AliasMatch /SOGo/so/ControlPanel/Products/(.*)/Resources/(.*) /usr/lib/
GNUstep/SOGo/$1.SOGo/Resources/$2

<Directory /usr/lib/GNUstep/SOGo/>
AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Directory>

<LocationMatch "^/SOGo/so/ControlPanel/Products/.*UI/Resources/.*\.(jpg|png|
gif|css|js)">
SetHandler default-handler
</LocationMatch>

ProxyRequests Off
SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyPass /SOGo http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo retry=0

<Proxy http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo>
RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-server-port" "80"
RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-server-name" "sogo.mydomain.com"
RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-server-url" "http://sogo.mydomain.com";
RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-server-protocol" "HTTP/1.0"
RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-remote-host" %{REMOTE_HOST}e
env=REMOTE_HOST
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Proxy>

## We use mod_rewrite to pass remote address to the SOGo proxy.
# The remote address will appear in SOGo's log files and in the X-Forward
# header of emails.
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/SOGo/(.*)$ /SOGo/$1 [env=REMOTE_HOST:%{REMOTE_ADDR},PT]

Redirect permanent /index.html http://sogo.mydomain.com/SOGo

LogLevel info
ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/sogo-error.log
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/sogo-access.log combined

</VirtualHost>

  • [SOGo] Virtual host on root path, rodolfojcj, 06/01/2014