Re: [SOGo] SOGo with Openchange on a Samba3 domain

  • From: Martin Simovic < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] SOGo with Openchange on a Samba3 domain
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 12:45:41 +0200

Hi,

On 16 Jun 2014, at 19:36, Donny Brooks
< >
wrote:

> We have yet to have migrated to Samba4 or AD proper so we are still using
> our OpenLDAP and Samba3 domain. However I am wanting to test the Outlook
> connectivity for possible rollout. Has anyone successfully deployed
> SOGo+Openchange+Samba4 while still leaving Samba3 in place? Our setup
> currentlystands as: PDC, mail, webmail/SOGo etc are all separate machines
> with mail being a secondary domain controller with backup LDAP. Any
> pointers are very welcome.

Opechange requires Samba4. Samba4 and Samba3 can not be run simultaneously on
the same machine. I recommend setting up a completely separate vanilla
machine as a test mail server with all required services (postfix, dovecot,
samba4, sogo, openchange) in order to test Outlook connectivity. If you are
happy with the results, you can plan a Samba3 -> Samba4 migration first
(which will give you undoubtedly benefit on it’s own) followed by mail server
migration (current server -> openchange).

I would not bother with any black magic trying to achieve the impossible -
vanilla setup is complex enough on it’s own to get it right.

Hope this helps,

Martin.