Re: [SOGo] SOGo with Openchange on a Samba3 domain

  • From: "Donny Brooks" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] SOGo with Openchange on a Samba3 domain
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 07:52:05 -0500

On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 05:45 AM CDT, Martin Simovic < > wrote:

Hi,

On 16 Jun 2014, at 19:36, Donny Brooks wrote:

> We have yet to have migrated to Samba4 or AD proper so we are still using our OpenLDAP and Samba3 domain. However I am wanting to test the Outlook connectivity for possible rollout. Has anyone successfully deployed SOGo+Openchange+Samba4 while still leaving Samba3 in place? Our setup currentlystands as: PDC, mail, webmail/SOGo etc are all separate machines with mail being a secondary domain controller with backup LDAP. Any pointers are very welcome.

Opechange requires Samba4. Samba4 and Samba3 can not be run simultaneously on the same machine. I recommend setting up a completely separate vanilla machine as a test mail server with all required services (post fix, dovecot, samba4, sogo, openchange) in order to test Outlook connectivity. If you are happy with the results, you can plan a Samba3 -> Samba4 migration first (which will give you undoubtedly benefit on it’s own) followed by mail server migration (current server -> openchange).

I would not bother with any black magic trying to achieve the impossible - vanilla setup is complex enough on it’s own to get it right.

Hope this helps,

Martin.

--

https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Martin,

     Thank you for that. I am a little confused though. Does Openchange require that all mail reside on it? Couldn't I leave my existing postfix/dovecot in place and just pull from it? At least that is the way I read it before. Maybe I misunderstood.
--
Donny B.