[SOGo] Question regarding SOGo scalability

  • From: "Rodrigo Habib Gregori" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Question regarding SOGo scalability
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 13:46:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

We were considering moving from zarafa community to SOGo, but we are
concerned about possible scalability problems with it. Right now we have
around 4000 mailboxes and zarafa can't deal with it anymore.

Our current infrastructure is of 3 servers, one for Zarafa-Server (+postfix),
one for Mysql and a third one only for Apache (webaccess) and Z-Push. Both of
them are Citrix Xenserver guests, with 16+ processors and 32GB RAM. Servers
CPU load are not an issue, but zarafa-server freezes almost in a daily basis.

The access is currently 100% webclient only with a few users syncing to their
smartphones. With SOGo we planned on using Thunderbird + Connector.

We wonder if SOGo can handle such a user base of this size (actually the base
is going to increase: probably 12.000 mailboxes - at least - in 2 or 3 years).

Does anyone have experience with such an environment?

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo Gregori
Network Administrator
Prefeitura de Joinville