[SOGo] How to assign contacts to groups stored in OwnCloud

  • From: Wolfgang Klein < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] How to assign contacts to groups stored in OwnCloud
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 19:36:50 +0200

Hello!

I am using OwnCloud to synch Thunderbird and Android (via CardDAV),
which is working fine except for one little thing: I can not assign
contacts to groups, neither in Thunderbird nor in Android. I have to log
into OC's web GUI and make the change there. As far as I know and of
what I have read, group editing in Android is possible only when using
Google to synchronise contacts, but for obvious reasons, that is not an
option.

Am I missing something there, should this be doable in SoGo? Is there
some option or some setting I simply haven't found yet? I know that
there are "categories", but these are not the same as OC's groups.
Changing a contact's categories doesn't show any effect on OwnCloud's
groups.

Many thanks an advance for any help.

Sincerely,
Wolfgang Klein