Re: [SOGo] How to assign contacts to groups stored in OwnCloud

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] How to assign contacts to groups stored in OwnCloud
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 12:54:09 +0200

Hello Wolfgang Klein

Am 2014-07-23 19:36, schrieb Wolfgang Klein:

> I am using OwnCloud to synch Thunderbird and Android (via CardDAV),
> which is working fine except for one little thing: I can not assign
> contacts to groups, neither in Thunderbird nor in Android. I have to log
> into OC's web GUI and make the change there. As far as I know and of
> what I have read, group editing in Android is possible only when using
> Google to synchronise contacts, but for obvious reasons, that is not an
> option.
>
> Am I missing something there, should this be doable in SoGo? Is there
> some option or some setting I simply haven't found yet? I know that
> there are "categories", but these are not the same as OC's groups.
> Changing a contact's categories doesn't show any effect on OwnCloud's
> groups.
>
> Many thanks an advance for any help.

I assume with groups you mean address lists.
SOGo and therfore SOGo Connector too, does not yet support vCard V4.
In vCard V4 are address lists defined in a standard.
So SOGo Connector currently uses a propriatary format for these address
lists.

I don't think this will work with any other CardDAV-Server except SOGo.

vCard V4 support is planned, but not very high on the priority list.
See this Bug
http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=1205

Universität Konstanz
Abteilung Basisdienste