[SOGo] Outlook FreeBusy lookups

  • From: Martin Simovic < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Outlook FreeBusy lookups
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 17:15:22 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to implement FreeBusy lookups for Outlook 2010 for meeting scheduling. We are using SOGo without Openchange layer, email is accessed via IMAP and calendars / contacts are synced with SOGo server via iCal4OL software.

I read in SOGo documentation that:
- freebusy lookups are supported using the Internet Free/Busy feature of Outlook
- URL to use must be of the following format: http://<hostname>/SOGo/dav/public/%NAME%/freebusy.ifb
- SOGoEnablePublicAccess must be set to YES

This works, with one limitation: Each user’s calendar ACL’s have to be updated for public access (View Date and Time). Whilst there is a setting SOGoCalendarDefaultRoles, this is ignored for public access. Is there another way of enabling FreeBusy lookups for Outlook other than granting public calendar access on user-by-user basis?

Many thanks for any hints

--
Martin Šimovič

NETSON s.r.o.