Re: [SOGo] Outlook FreeBusy lookups

  • From: Martin Simovic < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Outlook FreeBusy lookups
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:32:27 +0200

Hi,

On 25 Jul 2014, at 14:30, Christian Mack
< >
wrote:

> Hello Martin Simovic
>
> Am 2014-07-25 11:59, schrieb Martin Simovic:
>> On 24 Jul 2014, at 17:15, Martin Simovic
>> < >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to implement FreeBusy lookups for Outlook 2010 for meeting
>>> scheduling. We are using SOGo without Openchange layer, email is accessed
>>> via IMAP and calendars / contacts are synced with SOGo server via iCal4OL
>>> software.
>>>
>>> I read in SOGo documentation that:
>>> - freebusy lookups are supported using the Internet Free/Busy feature of
>>> Outlook
>>> - URL to use must be of the following format:
>>> http://<hostname>/SOGo/dav/public/%NAME%/freebusy.ifb
>>> - SOGoEnablePublicAccess must be set to YES
>>>
>>> This works, with one limitation: Each user’s calendar ACL’s have to be
>>> updated for public access (View Date and Time). Whilst there is a setting
>>> SOGoCalendarDefaultRoles, this is ignored for public access. Is there
>>> another way of enabling FreeBusy lookups for Outlook other than granting
>>> public calendar access on user-by-user basis?
>>>
>>> Many thanks for any hints
>>>

>> There are at least two ways this could be achieved:
>>
>> 1. Have a setting like “SOGoCalendarDefaultRoles” that applies for public
>> calendars
>>

> This should definitely be another setting, as internal and public access
> are different after all.

Sure, I should have said similar setting, that does the same thing for
non-authenticated users (public).

>> 2. Embed username / password in SOGo URL, something like
>> "http://<hostname>/SOGo/dav/public/%NAME%/freebusy.ifb?Login=Login&Password=PW
>>
> Did you try the following?
> http://Login:Password@<hostname>/SOGo/dav/%NAME%/freebusy.ifb

This unfortunately does not work, I believe because Outlook uses IE as it’s
engine for http(s) access and username:password@ in URL is no more allowed
for IE. So far I did not find the way to make it work old way for IE 11.

Best,
Martin Simovic