Re: [SOGo] Merging diverged databases

  • From: Sven Schwedas < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Merging diverged databases
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 12:54:47 +0200

On 2014-07-30 04:24, Mark Madere wrote:
> Sven,
>
> I wish I could give you better advice than this:
>
> - Do a sogo-backup on each user on each server
> - Backup both databases
> - Merge Databases
> - If users complain restore from sogo-backup on a user by user basis.

With summer breaks and all, half of our users aren't even reachable
right now. I'd prefer to have it solved in a way that doesn't involve
user complaints. :-)

> What database system are you using?

Right now MySQL 5.5 with Master-Master replication.

> Have you considered a N-way multi-master system like Galera with MySQL or
> MariaDB?

After this incident, yes. The restore would go straight to the new cluster.

http://software.tao.at