[SOGo] internet explorer create HTML email problem / Proxy ON

  • From: < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] internet explorer create HTML email problem / Proxy ON
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 18:24:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

This problem is only whit Internet Explorer! (I testet with IE11, ie10, and
ie9)
The Problem is only, if in "IE" the setting "use Proxy" is ON and the setting
"do not use proxy for: "my.domain.xy" is set.

With FireFox is erverithing OK.
With InternetExplorer everything is ok, except for the creation of an html
email!
(The create email is only text modus (the Buttons "Bold, Italic, Underline etc
is not available)

You can reproduce the problem so:
(no real Proxy is needed to see the problem)

-- first to see all is Ok: --

use IE without "proxy is on" and go to:

http://sogo-demo.inverse.ca/SOGo
login with: Name= sogo1 Password= sogo1

go to: preferences, mail options, compose messages in => HTML and save and
close
click on: "write/create new mail" and you see evrithing is OK HTML is
avaliable (Buttons "Bold, Italic, Underline etc is there)
log off/disconect from SOGo

-to see the Problem:

1. in IE Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

2. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.

3. Select the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.

4. In the Address box, type the address of the proxy server.
(no real proxy neet for test you can set: my.proxy.local)
In the Port box, type the port number. (3128)

5. click Bypass server vor local adress and click the Advanced button, and
then click use same proxy for all protocols

6. in "do not use proxy for" add:
*.inverse.ca

7. clear / delete the IE cache and close IE.

. . . and now use IE to login in SOGo, an you see everything is ok, except
for the creation of an html email! ;-(

Can I edit something in SOGo to solve this IE Problem ?

thanks to all who work on sogo
it's great

Cheers
Bahti.

  • [SOGo] internet explorer create HTML email problem / Proxy ON, bahtiyar, 08/24/2014