Re: [SOGo] list faster posts

  • From: Charles Marcus < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] list faster posts
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:09:36 -0500

On 11/26/2014 12:14 PM, Martin Simovic
< >
wrote:
> sogo-activesync is relatively new to SOGo and hence it is not as mature as
> sogo itself. At the moment it is slow and consumes a lot of RAM.

Well, thats not so good.

I was planning on trying one last time to get my boss to let me keep our
dovecot+SOGo server and upgrade everyone to Outlook 2013 on the desktop
to avoid an imminent migration to Office 365 - but that, of course,
would require to use ActiveSync.

Are you saying you would not recommend this in an office setting, say,
with about 70 users?

SOGo is a VM on VMWare, and I can give it lots of RAM if needed, but it
will need to be reasonably responsive for everyone.

> I would use ActiveSync only where there is no other option really. This is
> not the case in iOS which supports SOGo natively. If I were you I would
> drop ActiveSync altogether and leave IMAP for email.
> Plus under accounts add CalDAV account for calendars and CardDAV account
> for contacts. Your phone will thank you.

Noted for iPhone users.

I also wish I could get my Android to see my Address Books... DavDroid
just doesn't seem to see them, ever...