[SOGo] Outlook 2013 causes sogod to consume all RAM and CPU cycles on exit/startup when synching adress book

  • From: Sigurd Holter < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Outlook 2013 causes sogod to consume all RAM and CPU cycles on exit/startup when synching adress book
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 13:10:15 +0100

Hi !

One of our users has successfully synced his emails using Outlook 2013 on our sogo 2.1.10 server.
But when he tries to copy contacts from his archived .PST file into his ActiveSync profile the sogod process consumes all RAM and CPU cycles.
I have to kill the process manually.
But somehow Outlook/sogo remembers the aborted synchronization and starts it again at next startup/exit of Outlook, so the process has to be killed again.
The only way around is to delete the user's profile and start from scratch.

Sogo doesn't seem to honour the maxvmemsize parameter.

Mail synching seems to work fine.

I have a pcap of the startup process if that helps towards solving this problem.

Is there anything else I can try to solve this and/or find the bug (if there is one) ?

--
MVH
Sigurd Holter