Re: [SOGo] how to change "full name" with SogoUserSources = MySQL

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] how to change "full name" with SogoUserSources = MySQL
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 14:00:30 +0100

Am 2014-12-04 um 13:31 schrieb Yannick Barbeaux:
> Hello,
>
> I am configuring SOGO with MySQL as SogoUserSources.
> I would like the users to be able to modify their "Full Name" field in
> Sogo. Is it possible?
>
> In the preferences->IMAP Accounts, the "Full Name" field is grayed out so
> the users cannot change it.
> I guess it is by default a value read in my sogo_view table (=view created
> from the vmail.users table). If users cannot modify it manually, should I
> add a column in my table, something like givenName (LDAP style) and
> configure sogo to read this value instead?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Yannick

From the documentation:
"viewURL Database URL of the view used by SOGo. The
view expects columns to be present. Required
columns are:
▪ c_uid: will be used for authentication – it’s a
username or

▪ c_name: will be used to uniquely identify en-
tries – which can be identical to c_uid
▪ c_password: password of the user, plain text,
crypt, md5 or sha encoded
▪ c_cn: the user’s common name
▪ mail : the user’s email address

Other columns can exist and will actually be
mapped automatically if they have the same
name as popular LDAP attributes (such as
givenName, sn, department, title, telepho-
neNumber, etc.).
"

So what you are searching for are columns like c_cn (== common name),
givenName, sn (== surname) and title.

Universität Konstanz
Abteilung Basisdienste
78457 Konstanz