Re: [SOGo] Outlook 2013 ActiveSync account characters displayed as random symbols

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Outlook 2013 ActiveSync account characters displayed as random symbols
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 17:09:43 +0100

Hello Raido Rinaldi

Am 2014-12-04 um 15:26 schrieb Raido Rinaldi:

> when I send letter with symbols öäüõ (estonian alfabet symbols), letters
> are
> displayed like Ć¶Ć¤ĆµĆ¼pƶ. Is there any way to force encoding to UTF-8 so
> letters are correct?

Used character sets are set in the email itself (attribute Content-Type
option charset) .
Which one will be set/used, is dependant on the used email client for
sending.

SOGo always sends emails in UTF-8.
In Outlook and Thunderbird this is part of the account settings.

Universität Konstanz
Abteilung Basisdienste
78457 Konstanz
+49 7531 88-4416