[SOGo] ActiveSync weirdness on 2.2.12a-1 and possibly other versions (bug???)

  • From: Marcus Andree < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] ActiveSync weirdness on 2.2.12a-1 and possibly other versions (bug???)
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 21:50:28 -0200

Hi, guys,

I've been tracking an issue with activesync and sogo on a demo project due to be ready in a week or so. Got a few virtual machines running Centos 6.5 x64. The complete setup is complex and includes:

Cyrus IMAP + Murder Aggregator (2 frontends, 2 backends and 2 mupdate's)
Apache
SOGo (first 2.2.9a, then 2.2.12a-1)
Win 2k8 + AD/LDAP (authentication)
SASL
Postfix
Nginx acting as IMAP proxy

Cyrus had to be upgraded to 2.4 in order to work properly with SOGo's activesync module. After some initial problems with no sufficient clients to test a single user (i.e., me), the number of workers was raised to a safe value (30).

Contact lists are sync'ing via ActiveSync, but had no luck so far with e-mails.
They simply refuse to synchronize.
When I was running 2.2.9a, was able to see the contents of all mail folders except INBOX (after a long time syncing, despite having only about 60 e-mail messages). The messages were sync' ing on mobile a Samsung TAB 3 and an iPad Mini.

Decided to upgrade from 2.2.9a to 2.2.12a-1, but no luck. After several hours trying to track the source of this problem, some tcpdump logs were set, after reversing imaps and https to imap and http. These logs were showing a "NO Mailbox does not exist"  between Cyrus and SOGo.

 These logs had also shown that SOGo was sending two unusual (wrong?) commands to Cyrus:

1) LIST "" ""
2) status "(null)" (UIDVALIDITY)

The command #2 above is, apparently, the source of the error message.

It _seems_ that the results of the first LIST command (nothing/null/no folders) are being used as (1) source of folders to sync and (2)  build the status command and this is causing the folders not to be sync'ed...

Can't say for sure if this error comes from my setup, so I'd appreciate if some SOGo guru with more-than-average knowledge about the source could check this...

Thanks.