[SOGo] Thunderbird Calendar Will Not Sync To Server

  • From: "lloydsystems" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Thunderbird Calendar Will Not Sync To Server
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 05:32:08 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I have a SOGo server running version 2.2.10 and I am having connection/
synchronisation issues with Thunderbird and Lightning for calendar, tasks and
contacts.

I have been using SOGo for some time, initially with only the web interface.
I recently decided to use the Thunderbird client. I installed Thunderbird
17.0.11 ESR and Lightning 1.9.1, along with the SOGo connector and integrator
add-ons (version 17.0.6). I followed the configuration guide, including
modifying the extensions.rdf file to include the correct address, such as
isi:updateURL="https://www.mysite.com.au/plugins/updates.php?.......
This matches the Apache config file for SOGo:
RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-server-port" "443"
RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-server-name" "www.mysite.com.au"
RequestHeader set "x-webobjects-server-url" "https://www.mysite.com.au";

Everything worked fine when tested and used on my local network. I have now
discovered when connecting from a remote location that the calendar, tasks and
contacts from Thunderbird will not connect to the server. If I connect
remotely through the web UI these functions work normally.

If I check the properties of the calendar through the web UI the CalDAV URL is
https://www.mysite.com.au/SOGo/dav/myname/Calendar/personal/
which is identical to calendar properties set in Thunderbird.

I assumed Thunderbird is connecting to the SOGo server through port 443. Is
there some firewall setting I am missing or something wrong with my config.
Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.