Re: [SOGo] IMAP4 login failed . . .

  • From: Steve Ankeny < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] IMAP4 login failed . . .
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 14:46:18 -0500

I am using Samba in lieu of OpenLDAP

And, the "ldap" user in Samba is "Administrator" which appears to bind SOGo without incident.

Users are defined in the Samba user DB, and SOGo is successfully logging in with the Samba user.

What's NOT happening is Postfix is not authenticating against the Samba user DB

Since it's a "sogod" error, should Postfix be authenticating with the "sogo" user defined in MySQL?

That's not how I see it in the available documentation where it's to authenticate against the "ldap" user, or in this case, the Samba user, " " (the same user SOGo uses to authenticate)

HOWEVER, Dovecot authentication is broken . . .

adam@sogo:~$ telnet localhost 143
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* BYE Disconnected: Auth process broken
Connection closed by foreign host.
adam@sogo:~$

I am STILL thinking it has to do with the difference between "sogo" (as the SOGo and MySQL user) and "Administrator" (as the Samba domain user), and I'm thinking I need to swap those out as a test.

Question: Does anyone have experience configuring Dovecot, Postfix with Samba?

The Arch Wiki has some suggestions but none have worked for me.