[SOGo] New installation and migration

  • From: Dave < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [SOGo] New installation and migration
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 20:30:38 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Building a new mail server setup with SOGo. I think I have it down, however I'm not sure I am entirely clear on how it all ties together. To make sure I am running my plan by the community to get some input. Thanks in advance for your time :)

I am planning to setup 3 Virtual Machines, each running Ubuntu 14.04 which is well supported in a Hyper-V environment.

VM1 will give me a front end I can change out, upgrade, or build out multiples of this VM for load balancing giving a good client experience without worrying about losing data.

  • SoGo
  • Apache
  • OpenChange

VM2 will give me centralized authentication and SOGo client data storage for VM1 front ends that will not have to be changed out during front end upgrades.

  • Samba
  • MySQL

VM3 will give me the ability to provide traditional POP3, IMAP, and SMTP protocols while also providing the necessary mail components for SOGo. Having these on a separate VM independent from a user interface will prevent degradation in the user experience during high IO periods.

  • Postfix
  • Dovecot

I already have inbound spam scanning, virus scanning, and DNS infrastructure in place with our current mail services that I will expand out to use with the SOGo .

Thanks,
Dave
Grolen Communications
Like Grolen on Facebook!
603-645-0101 Option 7, x304

  • [SOGo] New installation and migration, Dave, 02/27/2015