Re: [SOGo] SoGo consumes all memory and crashes the server

  • From: Francis Lachapelle < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] SoGo consumes all memory and crashes the server
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 21:20:55 -0500

Hi Filias

On Mar 2, 2015, at 4:33 AM, Filias Heidt
< >
wrote:

> I have a strange problem, where SoGo starts to use up all memory (currently
> 6GB) which then crashes the whole server. I can’t find any directly related
> entry in the logs, however I see a lot PROPFIND from the same IP, just
> before it stops.
>
> The last log entry before the crash is always just some random operation,
> the next entry is
> Mar 02 09:34:16 sogod [1295]: version 2.2.16 (build @shiva.inverse
> 201502121302) — starting
>
> This happens roughly once per day, at seemingly random times. The only
> thing left to do, if this happens, is power-cycling the server.
>
> Any tips, how I can debug this further? Or has anybody experienced the same
> problem?

Are you using ActiveSync? If so, what is the average number of clients that
connect to your server simultaneously?

Do you have any slow queries (LDAP/SQL)? You can set SOGoDebugRequests = YES
to get some timings.

How many sogod processes do you have? Can you share your sogo.conf?

Francis