[SOGo] sogo-tool rename-user mess

  • From: Ian McMichael < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] sogo-tool rename-user mess
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:51:27 +0000

I have recently changed the authentication of our SOGo instance (together with Dovecot and Postfix) to use e-mail addresses (in the form " ") instead of account names (in the form "user"). Sadly I made a mistake whilst doing this (which I have done before on other systems successfully). I restarted the SOGo daemons and logged into a few accounts via webmail before running "sogo-tool rename-user" commands.

When I realised my mistake I shut everything down and immediately ran:

"sogo-tool rename-user user
"

for each user on the system.

Sadly this was too late and I seem to have broken the settings for several users who now have duplicate entries for their calendar and contacts.

"sogo-tool user-preferences get settings usera Contacts" gives:

Contacts: {"FolderShowAlarms": {" :Contacts\/3E92-539F0080-1-5AAFDB80": 0, "userb:Contacts\/personal": 0, " :Contacts\/personal": 0}, "FolderDisplayNames": {" :Contacts\/personal": "Userb Address Book (Userb < >)"}, "DragHandleVertical": "365", "SubscribedFolders": [" :Contacts\/personal"]}

I have checked the folder_info table in MySQL and only one version of each address book/calendar actually exists and is correct with the new format in both the c_path and c_path2 columns.

Can anyone suggest an easy way for me to fix the mess I have made? I could unsubscribe from all the calendar/address books and stop sharing them. This may help but wouldn't fix the personal ones. I'm afraid that if I try and edit them manually I will make a typo somewhere and cause a bigger mess!

All suggestions very gratefully received...

Ian.

  • [SOGo] sogo-tool rename-user mess, Ian McMichael, 03/20/2015