Re: [SOGo] SOGO without OpenChange?

  • From: Kai-Uwe Rommel < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] SOGO without OpenChange?
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 21:48:01 +0100

wrote on 28.03.2015 18:17:21:

> I'm not completely sure of the relationship between SOGO and OpenChange, but
> this is what I believe: SOGO is a groupware server, providing sharedcontacts,
> email, and calendars; OpenChange is for making SOGO (and other groupware
> servers?) accessible by Microsoft Outlook (possibly other MS products?).
>
> My general question is: is the above approximately correct?

Yes, I think so.

> My other question is mostly specific to Zentyal (I've also asked the question
> on their forum, but would appreciate thoughts from the SOGO community as
> well): do I need to configure or have installed the OpenChange component in
> Zentyal if I don't plan to use Outlook? I would probably use the Thunderbird
> client on Windows machines, and Apple's Mail, Contacts, and Calendar
> applications on Mac machines.

Yes, this is possible, you don't need OpenChange. I also run a SOGo server
without OpenChange (even without an LDAP or Samba server).

Kai-Uwe Rommel

ARS Computer und Consulting GmbH,
http://www.ars.de
Ridlerstrasse 55, 80339 Muenchen, Deutschland

Application Development Services, Business Transformation Services, IT Infrastruktur Services
Beratung und Vertrieb zu IBM Software, System x, POWER Systems, Storage
License Management Services, IBM Passport Advantage Lizenzierung

Handelsregister Muenchen, HRB 101829, USt-ID: DE 155 068 909
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michael Arbesmeier, Kai-Uwe Rommel, Roland Schock, Joachim Gucker