[SOGo] Failed to create lock directory '/var/lib/sogo/GNUstep/Defaults/.lck/.GNUstepDefaults.lck

  • From: "Raven, Colin" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Failed to create lock directory '/var/lib/sogo/GNUstep/Defaults/.lck/.GNUstepDefaults.lck
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 13:12:19 +0200

Howdy folks,

As per the subject line, I'm getting bombed by this error message. Edited the sogo crontab to do this daily, instead of every minute. The mail torrent has gone of course, but the problem is still there.

Stopped sogo & attempted to manually create the directory, but after a restart one minute later it's deleted.
This was also reported in this thread:
but (unless I'm missing something) there was no definitive fix.

OS Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Version: 2.2.17a-1 (via iRedMail)

Poking around in various conf files there doesn't seem to be a configurable option to create this (or any other) lockfile AFAICS.

Could any more experienced and wiser eyes point me at a possible fix?

Regards & TIA

-Me

  • [SOGo] Failed to create lock directory '/var/lib/sogo/GNUstep/Defaults/.lck/.GNUstepDefaults.lck, Raven, Colin, 03/29/2015