Re: [SOGo] DLZ Bind

  • From: Szládovics Péter < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] DLZ Bind
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 20:37:34 +0200

Hello Peter
First of all, thank you for your reply, I thought I had done wrong in the
community SOGo.

My current concern is that my DNS server manages my areas (accommodation /
Mail Server) and delete it, I would not have focused my DNS, especially since
my server is not a dynamic IP, but IP fixed.

When I was conducting research via .NET, to run the DNS server using Samba, I
am told, use DLZ.

If you have _only_ pure Linux environment, and you haven't opportunity to use mixed operating systems, then you really need bind+DLZ.
But, if you can use Windows in your environment, then you can manage the Samba4 with administrative tools like a standard Windows NS (DNS, Active Directory, shares, etc).
Conclusion: if you can and want, use one domain member Windows. If you cannot or don't want, then you need Bind9+DLZ - or there is a 3rd version: you can manage the Samba4 DNS with samba-tool command line utility, but I think this is that part, what you really don't want to... believe me :)