Re: [SOGo] Redirect to sogo.

  • From: Sven Marth < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Redirect to sogo.
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 12:17:51 +0200

Am 30.05.2015 um 04:13 schrieb John McMonagle:
> On Friday, May 29, 2015 10:06:00 PM Kai-Uwe Rommel wrote:
>>
>> wrote on 29.05.2015 21:09:42:
>>> I'm setting up sogo from the debian jessie repository.
>>>
>>> As this is the only web service I'd like to redirect
>>> https://nmail.advocap.org to
>>> https://nmail.advocap.org/GOGo
>>>
>>> Redirect /webmail https://nmail.advocap.org/SOGo
>>> Works but
>>>
>>> Redirect / https://nmail.advocap.org/SOGo
>>> Does not.
>>>
>>> Any Suggestions?
>>
>> Yes. Instead put a index.html with this content into the root HTML
>> document directory:
>>
>> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" Content="0;
>> URL=https://nmail.advocap.org/SOGo/";;>
>>

>> Kai-Uwe Rommel
>>

>> Telefon+Mobil +49 89 32468-120
>>

>> ARS Computer und Consulting GmbH, http://www.ars.de
>> Ridlerstrasse 55, 80339 Muenchen, Deutschland
>>
>> Application Development Services, Business Transformation Services, IT
>> Infrastruktur Services
>> Beratung und Vertrieb zu IBM Software, System x, POWER Systems, Storage
>> License Management Services, IBM Passport Advantage Lizenzierung
>>
>> Handelsregister Muenchen, HRB 101829, USt-ID: DE 155 068 909
>> Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michael Arbesmeier, Kai-Uwe Rommel, Roland Schock,
>> Joachim Gucker
>

> Thanks every one for the suggestions.
> I'll try them out Monday.
>
> John

Hi John,

My redirect goes to a different host:

<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName mail.marth.com
RedirectPermanent / https://www.marth.com/SOGo
</VirtualHost>

I think you cannot redirect the root of a host to a sub-dir of the same
host. This will end in a loop. What you need is a rewrite directive.
Have a look at:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/rewrite/remapping.html

ciao
Sven