Re: [SOGo] Re: SOGo upgrade issue

  • From: Steve Ankeny < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Re: SOGo upgrade issue
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 12:12:57 -0400

So, anyone using OpenChange/SOGo is dependent on the Inverse Samba packages for the foreseeable future?

It seems to me that places a lot of responsibility on Inverse for maintaining not only SOGo packages but Samba, OpenChange and whatever other packages become necessary.  And, it ultimately limits user choices.

No more self-compiled installations; no more installations from distro-provided packages, etc?

I am troubled by the possibility of having to purge my existing Samba packages lest I *damage* my domain.  I'll have a backup, so I can easily restore my existing system, but the possibility of having to re-provision remains.

Are there specific steps to backup the existing Samba DB?  Can it be exported/imported after-the-fact?