[SOGo] Thunderbird Lightning, Invatations and the ,

  • From: Rainer Ruprechtsberger < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] Thunderbird Lightning, Invatations and the ,
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 09:20:21 +0200

Hi,
we think it's actually a bug in the Lightning plugin.. Since it may hit
others (and we could be wrong and somehow the SOGo connector introduced
this):

Our common name is in the form of sn, givenname. When an appointment is
planned and you invite attendees the ',' in the name is escaped (since
it's a delimiter). Somehow TB/Lightning does that wrong.. and if that
appointment is edited by the planner and saved again the '\' gets
escaped by another '\'.
If an appointment is planned with the webinterface this does not happen.

This escalates quickly. Up to a point where editing this appointment is
no longer possible because of a resource exhaustion. We do not know when
this point is reached exactly but eventually the sogod child handling
the request cannot do so anymore - hangs with max cpu until either max
mem is reached or max time and the watchdog kills the child.

lg,
rupi

--
Rainer Ruprechtsberger
Volkshilfe Oberösterreich

ZVR Zahl: 064371505

Volkshilfe. Wir sind für die Menschen da.