Re: [SOGo] Sogo connector - What for?

  • From: Sven Schwedas < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Sogo connector - What for?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 08:53:39 +0200

On 2015-06-29 12:36,

wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am using sogo together with thunderbird and lightning.
> I don't really see the reason for installing the sogo connector plugin,
> because it seems that events get synchronized without the plugin, and it
> disables the folder bolding (when new mail arrives) in thunderbird.
>
> So my question is, what is the purpose of the sogo connector?

Lightning only provides CalDAV (=calendar, task sync), not CardDAV
(=address books), for that you need the connector. For SOGo-specific
things like ACL/subscription management and plug-in management you'll
need the Integrator as well.

> thunderbird 38.0.1
> lightning 4.0.0.1
> SOGO connector 31.0.1
>
> thanks and regards
> tom

Sven Schwedas
Systemadministrator
TAO Beratungs- und Management GmbH | Lendplatz 45 | A - 8020 Graz
Mail/XMPP:

http://software.tao.at