Re: [SOGo] Updates in LDAP directory not reflected in SOGo

  • From: Christian Mack < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Updates in LDAP directory not reflected in SOGo
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 16:08:00 +0200

Am 31.07.2015 um 15:25 schrieb Chris Coleman:

> On 7/31/2015 9:12 AM, Christian Mack wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Am 31.07.2015 um 13:26 schrieb Hardy Flor:
>>> I have a field with a single value for the emailaddess. When I change
>>> this field, is the change not displayed in the adressbook. In the
>>> database no field contain the old emailaddess.
>>> Restart of the server work also not.
>>>
>>> Where does the wrong emailaddress?
>>>
>> Sorry, but your question confused me a bit.
>> First you change an email address in LDAP, then you search for it in the
>> database?
>> How should it get there?
>> Why should a server restart change that?
>>
>> Perhaps it would be better to give us step by step instructions on what
>> you did and what didn't work.
>>

> I think what Hardy means to say is, when updating (side-loading) an
> email address stored in the database, the updated email address data
> isn't shown in the web interface address book.
> Where is the web interface caching the outdated version of the email
> address.
> Ultimately, how to modify/side-load data in the database, and trigger a
> refresh / cache invalidate, in the sogo web interface.
> Side note: Is there a soap or rest interface available in sogo for doing
> data extract and load ?

If that is the case, then the answers are:
SOGo caches its data in memcached for as long as is set in
SOGoCacheCleanupInterval (in seconds).

If you want to change data from outside SOGo and be immediatedly
visible, then you have to restart memcached (not sogod!) after the
changes are done.

And no, there is no REST api to do so.
But you can use backup and restore with sogo-tool.

Universität Konstanz
Abteilung Basisdienste
78457 Konstanz
+49 7531 88-4416