Re: [SOGo] Installation problems

  • From: Andreas Hainke < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Installation problems
  • Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 08:50:27 +0200

Hi Markus

Am 04.08.15 um 02:46 schrieb Mein Papierkorb:
> Hi there,
>
> I am a new member of this list and I am absolutely new in using SOGo,
> trying to install it for the first time, together with openchange and
> samba.
>
> The OS is Debian 7 stable with pre-installed apache2, and I already
> installed SOGo, mysql-server, php5, phpmyadmin, postfix and dovecot.
>
> Some problems occured:
>
> 1)
> Trying to do apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, the installation
> process showed some error messages of apache, because there are some
> proxy-configurations in /etc/apache2/conf.d/SOGo.conf, but I have no
> mod_proxy installed yet. Is the mod_proxy required for SOGo?
> I cannot find any requirements about the web-server in the documentation
> at all. I am wondering that there are no hints what
> webserver-configuration is required.

If the debian default package of apache is installed, it ships the proxy
module by default. Maybe its not enabled?

Try to run the following commands to enable the needed modules:
a2enmod proxy
a2enmod rewrite
a2enmod ssl #If you use https
a2enmod headers
service apache2 restart

I wrote a little article on how to install samba as domain controller
for user authentication via ldap and how to setup sogo for it. It does
not cover the openchange configuration.

Have a look at:

https://www.foteviken.de/?p=2465 (Samba as DC)
https://www.foteviken.de/?p=2566 (SOGo LDAP Setup with postfix and dovecot)

Both articles are in german.

> 2)
> I then tried to install samba as described here on page 8:
> http://www.sogo.nu/files/docs/SOGo%20Native%20Microsoft%20Outlook%20Configuration.pdf
>

> After adding the backports, and doing an apt-get update, I tried to
> install samba and samba-dev packages.
>
> There I got this error:
> ********
> apt-get install samba samba-dev
>
> Reading package lists...
> Building dependency tree...
> Reading state information...
> or been moved out of Incoming.

> samba : Depends: python-samba but it is not going to be installed
> Depends: samba-common-bin (= 2:4.1.18+dfsg-3~inverse1)
> Depends: samba-dsdb-modules but it is not going to be installed
> Depends: samba-libs (= 2:4.1.18+dfsg-3~inverse1) but it is not
> going to be installed
> Recommends: samba-vfs-modules but it is not going to be installed
> samba-dev : Depends: samba-libs (= 2:4.1.18+dfsg-3~inverse1) but it is
> not going to be installed
> ********
>
> Can you please give me a hint how to solve these problems?
>
> Thx a lot,
> Markus

Regards
Andreas