Re: [SOGo] Autoinstall sogo plugins for thunderbird

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Autoinstall sogo plugins for thunderbird
  • Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 15:19:44 +0100

Hi Johannes,

We put the extracted plugin into Thunderbird's program files extensions directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Thunderbird\extensions).

Regards,

John

On 05/08/2015 12:42, Johannes Amorosa | Celluloid VFX wrote:
Hello list,
this is a bit off topic, but we need advice how to install the sogo extensions in thunderbird.

We have a AD setup and are using wpkg to distribute software to all our win7 clients.

We wrote a web service to fetch ldap settings and deliver all user settings like imap, smtp, auto update off etc
to the newly created thunderbird user profile.

This is our setup:

C:/Program Files(x86)MozillaThunderbird/defaults/pref/autoconfig.js

pref("general.config.filename", "defaults/pref/celluloid.cfg");

and

C:/Program Files(x86)MozillaThunderbird/defaults/pref/celluloid.cfg

var env_user = getenv("USERNAME");
lockPref("autoadmin.global_config_url", "http://ourinternalconfighost/"+env_user);

This works great.

Unfortunately we fail to integrate sogo extensions (cleanly). Thunderbird
is ignoring all our attempts to integrate sogo extensions on windows:

We tried several variations of
{ID of sogoxpi},
{ID of sogoxpi}.xpi,
{ID of sogo} as unziped folder

in:

distribution/extensions
extensions
defaults/profile/extensions

We can hack a user logon script that copies the extensions into the user profile.
But somehow this should work more elegantly.

All documentation we found so far is broken, outdated and contradicts.
Can someone point me to a clean solution?
Thank you for your time
JA