Re: [SOGo] SOGo and Outlook 2013

  • From: Daniel Bareiro < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] SOGo and Outlook 2013
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 12:14:55 -0300

Hi, Andreas.

On 05/08/15 19:39, Daniel Bareiro wrote:

>> I traced it down, like you suggested, not using SSL could be the
>> problem. I tried to setup Outlook 2013 with plain http and get an error
>> while account configuration dialog. I captured the traffic with
>> wireshark. Outlook 2013 only tries to connect to port 443 in my case
>> even if I supply the server address including port. That seems to be the
>> problem. Try to enable SSL.
>>
>> Surprisingly using Windows Mail (shipped with Windows 10) and ActiveSync
>> works with plain http.

> Interesting. With this I can say that I see some light at the end of the
> tunnel :-) I also appreciate that you've taken the time to make a
> Wireshark capture. It was something that today crossed my mind (I was
> running out my choices).
>
> I'll do a test configuring the access to SOGo with https and I'll let
> you know the results. Have you had any problems in Outlook using
> self-signed certificates?

Yesterday I configured an Apache HTTPS access to SOGo and it was great
to see that Outlook could connect to the server. I had some warnings
because the certificate was self-signed but after installing the
certificate in Outlook, I had no such pop up. The synchronization of
calendar and address book ran smoothly.

For curiosity I installed Wireshark today in the Windows virtual machine
for see the traffic from Outlook. I tried filtering by the servername of
the SOGo server, by port 443, by IP address and I could not get packages
with some of these filters. Which filter you used to isolate the packets?

But now, to my surprise, I erased the ActiveSync account and after to
create it again I can not synchronize data at all :-(

Any idea what might be going? Even I do not see entries in Apache.

Update: while I write this email I tried restarting the SOGo server and
even memcached and Outlook has synchronized again. For some reason it
now appears that Apache is now writing the log in
/var/log/apache2/other_vhosts_access.log. I'll add CustomLog and
ErrorLog directives to have separate entries in the specified files.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
Daniel