Re: [SOGo] IMAP server and ActiveSync

  • From: Daniel Bareiro < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] IMAP server and ActiveSync
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 16:58:17 -0300

On 14/08/15 09:56, Christian Mack wrote:

> Hello

Hello, Christian.

>> I'm setting SOGo with ActiveSync. Synchronization of contacts, tasks and
>> address book worked smoothly, but I'm having problems with
>> synchronization of emails. I think this is because the mail server
>> (MailEnable) does not have the capabilities required (UIDPLUS, SORT and
>> QRESYNC) according to an email sent by Ludovic. I was checking the
>> IMAP server with imapCapability.pl script and I found the following:

>> The server supports the following IMAP capabilities:
>>
>> IMAP4rev1 IMAP4 AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=CRAM-MD5 IDLE CHILDREN UIDPLUS
>>
>> Then Outlook 2013 users see his/her IMAP account (with all the emails)
>> and the ActiveSync account where they see his/her folders but empty. To
>> prevent users could be confused with this, is there some way to avoid
>> email synchronizing with ActiveSync?

> No, that is not possible.
> You get all or nothing with ActiveSync.
>
> But you could use an IMAP proxy in between, which has the required
> capabilities (e.g. dovcot in proxy mode).

It is interesting the suggestion to use a proxy IMAP. It is something I
had not tried. For this I have installed and configured Perdition with
the necessary capabilities:

# telnet 127.0.0.1 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QRESYNC QUOTA ACL
ACL2=UNION] perdition ready on 127.0.0.1 0002b494

Note the UIDPLUS, SORT and QRESYNC capabilities enabled.

Then I modified the SOGo configuration:

SOGoIMAPServer = 127.0.0.1:143;

When I try to synchronize mail in each folder in Outlook, it displays
"disconnected". Now when I go to the SOGo web interface to see if it can
access the emails via the local proxy, it never gets the list of folders.

Any additional changes may be needed on SOGo?

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,
Daniel