[SOGo] Again: Migration from old to new SOGo server

  • From: "Hartmut Raithel" < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: [SOGo] Again: Migration from old to new SOGo server
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 11:34:42 +0200

Hi there,

because of SOGo 2.3.x  is no longer supported in Ubuntu 14.04 x86, I have done a fresh Sogo 2.3.1 installation from scratch on Ubuntu 14.04 x64 which is running well, in general. Next step is to move the userdata to the new box. I’ve planned to do the migration as follows:

Doing a final backup on the old Machnine: su – sogo /usr/sbin/sogo-tool backup ALL /mnt/sdb1/sogobackup/final

Copying the “final” folder to the new box…

For the restore part, I’m not shure how to proceed. Any clue how to do a restore of all users (roundabout 4000 Users) in a gently way? So it seems that there exists no special option with sogo-tool to do a complete restore of all data from all users in the backup directory (sic?), I have planned to run the following steps/script as user sogo to succeed:

For user in $(ls /mnt/sdb1/sogobackup/final); do

                /usr/sbin/sogo-tool restore -f ALL /mnt/sdb1/sogobackup/final $user;

/usr/sbin/sogo-tool restore -p /mnt/sdb1/sogobackup/final $user;

done

Is this the right way to get all users migrated to the new Box, or am I missing a step or something else? (we have no need on openchange or samba things yet)

Any smoother way to get all the data and preferences to the new server?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help or suggestions!

Regards

Hartmut

Hartmut Raithel
IT-Systeme/Organisation / IT-Systems/Organization

Infrastruktur Dienste / Infrastructure Services

Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften Hof
University of Applied Sciences
Alfons-Goppel-Platz 1

95028 Hof / Saale

Germany