Re: [SOGo] Again: Migration from old to new SOGo server

  • From: Ludovic Marcotte < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [SOGo] Again: Migration from old to new SOGo server
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 07:48:48 -0400

On 18/08/2015 05:34, Hartmut Raithel wrote:

Is this the right way to get all users migrated to the new Box, or am I missing a step or something else? (we have no need on openchange or samba things yet)

Any smoother way to get all the data and preferences to the new server?

If you're moving entirely to a new server - I would suggest to backup/restore the SQL database itself. If you need to, you can adjust the "location" values from the sogo_folder_info. Using sogo-tool backup/restore will modify the c_lastmodified for all entries, which means the collection tag will change for every single addressbook and calendar. That means the CUA will usually force a full refresh of each collection. For 4,000 users, that might put some stress on your server.

Thanks,
--
Ludovic Marcotte

   ::  +1.514.755.3630  ::  http://inverse.ca