[SOGo] All calendars shared by default to Autheticated Users

  • From: "Ivan Andrian" < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [SOGo] All calendars shared by default to Autheticated Users
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 09:36:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
I have Sogo 3.2.1. installed in my institute and it's working fine.
It authenticates users against an LDAP server.
I wanted to configure this as a default:

SOGoCalendarDefaultRoles = (
PublicModifier, // people can modify public objects in my shared
calendar
ConfidentialDAndTViewer, // people can see date and time only of
confidential objects in my shared calendar
ObjectCreator, // people can create objects in my shared
calendar
ObjectEraser // people can delete objects in my shared
calendar
);

so that all calendars newly shared by the user had those settings to the
specified colleagues (usually, for really full-shared calendars with similar
permissions among users).

However, I discovered that by default every calendar is also shared to the
"Authenticated Users", with the above default settings. This is bad, since
doing so everything becomes *really* public, even the "Personal
Calendar" (which, by its name, should be kept personal...).

Is there a way not to have the "Authenticated Users" share by default, so that
users will decide whether to add this special category or not?

Thanks,

Ivan Andrian

  • [SOGo] All calendars shared by default to Autheticated Users, Ivan Andrian, 08/21/2015